Blood effects were originally in Venture, but it was later removed and toned down. It was never explained why it was changed, but some believe that it was because the developers wanted the game to be appropriate to the tween audience.
Blood is actually seen in the final version of Venture, but only from the Cannibals. If a cannibal has been poked or killed, green colored blood will appear. Also, their pancreas have blood surrounding them.
When Brendan led Robert in the grassland it was shown attacking a small Babirusa and blood spilled out of the prey. Robert then proceeded to pull the creature's head off. (this method of killing was also removed because it was too violent). Robert then able ate the creature realistically, with bloody rinds and dragging the body away.
When Crawlers are killed, many drops of blood spill from the creature, like Robert eating his kill.
It is unknown if there are blood effects either from Pipipi.
It is known that if you killed a Shooter it's head would explode in a shower of blood. However depending on where hit, the creature today will either lose it's, head, torso, or legs, but there is no blood. In an early version of Venture, a Shooter was punched off a cliff, and there was blood.
If you use the shears on an Ewe in an adventure, a white substance will plume out. It is unknown if this is blood or polyester. It should be also noted that users can put blood onto Ewes. For example, they can make the Ewe be dyed scarlet, or they can use mods to make anything bleed either red or crimson.
Zombie Dlabmen have meat juice and decay visible, but no blood. The original texture had red blood, though, but it was changed when the update was officially released. However, the original appearance is still used in Venture: Halloween, due to the film's R rating.
Blood happens to be used after killing men, which caused a outrage there is too much blood and it was unrealistic. Because of this, Brendan programmed in an option to turn the blood on or off. Therefore, when the player kills a man, he will explode into sky instead of blood. However, they were happy with the blood being there in the first place.
Blood Effects ARE still in Venture, but were modified to be more appropriate. Blood colors include:
- Cannibals bleed green, although cannibal corpse's bleed black when attacked, due to coagulation.
- Depending on the Cannibal, though, they can also bleed in orange, tangerine, or black.
- Shooters are skeletons, therefore they do not bleed, though bone marrow is emitted upon damage.
- Pipipis are soulless, therefore they do not bleed, though acetone peroxide is emitted upon damage.
- Crawlers, depending on the Crawler, can bleed in green, purple, violet, indigo, and byzantium.
- Oozes are blobs of slime, therefore they do not bleed, but they emit splatters of goo upon damage.